Membership Committee meetings occur monthly on the 4th Thursday of the month at 4pm ET.
All meetings with access information are posted on the NRC calendar and are open to anybody who might like to attend.
Recurring website specific meetings with Bob H and Lisa occur on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursdays of the month at 4pm ET and are open to anybody who might like to attend.
Login information for both meetings:
Activities Since Last Membership Committee Report
Installed a Podcast Manager on the NRC website
Installed a VIP Portfolio Manager for future Speakers Bureau or similar listings
Installed a Directory system that can be used to create a national recycling directory (Member request at 2011 GALA)
Created a cloud back-up system for the website
Created a cloud storage space for large archive files such as videos that exceed 100MB. (New Amazon s3 Cloud system can handle files up to 4 Terabyte)
Working with STAR, MRC, and IRA to explore possiblities of hosting RO databases on the NRC CiviCRM system
Created new member Google Group - Roll-out in January
Created new Board Google Group - Roll-out in January
December 22, 2012 Meeting Agenda
Create a 2012 Committee Work Plan that addresses each of our Committee Responsibilies as listed below.
Draft benefit and outreach plan for submission to the NRC Exceutive Committee for review and consideration.
1. Develop the NRC membership database - Basic DB features in place, advanced features in progress.
2. Work with the Board's Recycling Organization (RO) Liaison on RO relations and affiliations - In Progress
3. Engage in discussions with non-affiliated RO's - On January 2012 Meeting Agenda
4. Review and update the current Affiliation Agreement - Pending RONA Committee Outcomes
5. Develop enhanced NRC membership benefits - In Progress
6. Assist other Board committee chairs with recruitment of NRC members to their committees
7. Develop and disseminate a member survey (with the Communication & Education and Renewal Committees) - On January 2012 Meeting Agenda
8. Help re-engage previous Board Members - On January 2012 Meeting Agenda
9. Assist the Minorities in Recycling Council - On January 2012 Meeting Agenda
10. Develop recommendations to the Board regarding member recruitment and associated dues structure - In Progress
December 29 Web/Communications Meeting Agenda (Bob H and Lisa, all others always welcome.)
Create a web plan for 2012 that includes (But not limited to):
1. Implementation of currently installed but unused features
2. Board training and orientation on basics such as editing a committee page
3. New graphic design